Quotes

"Fear is not good for sucess"

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life Drawing



Went to life drawing last night. I thought it was going to be 3 hours of short poses (because that's what it says on the schedule) but apparently their idea of a short pose night is 1 hour of 5s and 7s and then a 2 hour pose. I guess they have a limited need for short poses. Most everyone in there likes to paint in oils. I did some crappy short poses, not being able to decide if I should draw with soft and hard edges or if I should draw just with line. Then for the 2 hour pose I started doing a full body but after the first 25 minute session decided her face was just too cool to draw 2 inches high. I brought only plain 11x15 paper. This is graphite-a 9b but still basically no real darks. I should have used charcoal. About 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment